CREATOR OF PLEASURE SINCE 1987
Kim’s Chocolates N.V. was created on 17 November 1987 by Mr. Fons Maex. Since then, the business has continually developed. The key dates below show how we have been able to become one of the leading exporters of Belgian chocolate.
- 17 November 1987: Creation of the company in Aarschot.
- August 1988: Start of production. The factory is equipped with 2 production lines and covers an area of 1,500m².
- 1992: Extension of the factory. The floor area now covers 2,500m².
- 1993: Kim’s Chocolates N.V. was the first chocolate producer in the world to receive an ISO 9002 certificate.
- 1995: On the strength of its success, the company expanded and now occupies 6,500m².
- 1995: A new moulding line is installed.
- 1995: A production line for manufacturing bars and tablets of chocolate is added.
- 2003: The Windel GmbH group becomes the majority shareholder.
2004: Installation of a fourth production line dedicated to coating. This is carried out using the latest technologies.
- 2004: Development of a “sugar free” production line. The first products are marketed in September of the same year.
- August 2007: Start of the construction of the new factory in Tienen.
- February 2008: Installation of a new coating line.
- April – May 2008: Move to the new production unit.
- June 2008: Work on the new production lines starts and the offices are fitted out. The Kim’s Chocolates N.V. team is now all together at the new site in Tienen.
- November 2008: Kim’s Chocolates N.V. is one of the most environmentally friendly chocolate producers in the world. It has also received the Unizo award for the most energy-saving Small and Medium Enterprise in Flanders.
- October 2011: Kim's Chocolates N.V. is recognised as best company in export by Trends Business Tour 2011.